The movement called the retaliatory barrage only an “initial response” to the Israeli bloodbath that killed as many as 12 people, including the commander and five-year-old child, in the city of Rafah which is located in the southern part of the Tel Aviv-blockaded Gaza Strip.
"As an initial response to the killing of senior commander Taysir al-Jabari and his brethren martyrs... the al-Quds Brigade covered Tel Aviv, central cities, and areas surrounding Gaza with more than 100 rockets," the Islamic Jihad's military wing said in a statement on Friday.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said well over 80 people had also been injured in the Israeli attack earlier in the day.
Secretary-General of the Islamic Jihad, Ziyad al-Nakhalah said the Israeli enemy must expect a "non-stop" confrontation in the wake of the Friday aggression.
There will be no truce following this attack, the Islamic Jihad official said. All resistance groups must struggle under one flag in this fight, Nakhalah said.
Hamas, Islamic Jihad’s fellow Gaza-based resistance movement, also said the Israeli enemy "committed a new crime" and must "pay its price."
Last May, Gaza’s resistance groups fired around 4,000 rockets during Operation Sword of al-Quds after the Israeli regime initiated its last war against the coastal enclave.
Source: Press TV
This page is the English version of Almasirah Media Network website and it focuses on delivering all leading News and developments in Yemen, the Middle East and the world. In the eara of misinformation imposed by the main stream media in the Middle East and abroad, Almasirah Media Network strives towards promoting knowledge, principle values and justice, among all societies and cultures in the world
copyright by Almasirah 2022 ©