Contact Us


About Us


This page is the English version of Almasirah Media Network website and it focuses on delivering all leading News and developments in Yemen, the Middle East and the world. In the eara of misinformation imposed by the main stream media in the Middle East and abroad, Almasirah Media Network strives towards promoting knowledge, principle values and justice, among all societies and cultures in the world

Army Strikes in Sudan’s Omdurman Leaves at Least 32 Killed

News - World: An airstrike by the Sudanese army in the Ombada neighborhood in western Omdurman left at least 32 civilians killed and dozens injured, says an activist group, as violence continues unabated across the African country.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Emergency Lawyers condemned Tudesday's attack as a “war crime”, calling for the army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) to be brought to justice.

“The use of heavy and light artillery in areas packed with civilians is a war crime … and reflects a disregard for their lives,” the legal group said.

Sudan's army and the RSF have been fighting since April 15 over a power struggle between army chief, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, and his former deputy, Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, who heads the paramilitary force.

The latest strike was part of the ongoing war between the two warring sides.

Following the attack, the United States imposed sanctions on RSF’s senior commanders for committing “extensive” rights violations during the months-long conflict.

The US Treasury said in a statement on Wednesday that the measures will freeze and block any assets held by Abdelrahim Dagalo in the United States.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken also said in a parallel statement that the US was also imposing visa restrictions on fellow RSF commander, Abdul Rahman Juma, barring him from entering the country.

Blinken further called on all sides to “comply with their obligations under international humanitarian law to protect civilians, hold accountable those responsible for atrocities or other abuses, allow unhindered humanitarian access, and negotiate an end to the conflict”.

Separately on Wednesday, the United Nations’ migration agency said more than 5 million people have been displaced by the fighting in Sudan.

According to the International Organization for Migration (IOM), over 4 million people have been internally displaced since the conflict erupted in mid-April while another 1.1 million have fled to neighboring countries. More than 750,000 have traveled to either Egypt or Chad, the agency said. 

The agency further said about 24.7 million Sudanese, roughly half the country’s population, were in need of humanitarian aid and protection.

So far, most mediation efforts have largely failed and a few instances of the temporary humanitarian ceasefires were violated by the warring factions.

Source: Press TV

#Sudan 23-09-07
who are we

This page is the English version of Almasirah Media Network website and it focuses on delivering all leading News and developments in Yemen, the Middle East and the world. In the eara of misinformation imposed by the main stream media in the Middle East and abroad, Almasirah Media Network strives towards promoting knowledge, principle values and justice, among all societies and cultures in the world

copyright by Almasirah 2024 ©

Close gallery