The Council reaffirms the Palestinian people's right, along with resistance factions, to oppose the occupying forces using all legitimate and available means.
It commends the united stance of the Palestinian populace and the Palestinian resistance groups, viewing their response to the Zionist adversary as a crucial step toward securing Al-Quds and reclaiming the full rights of the Palestinian people.
For its part, the Shura Council, in a statement, asserts that this battle is a legitimate right for the Palestinian resistance and its people to counter the occupation's crimes and continued violations of Al-Aqsa and other Islamic holy sites.
The statement emphasizes that Al-Aqsa Storm conveys a powerful message to the world, especially those who seek normalization with Israel, demonstrating that the Palestinian cause is vibrant, will persist until victory and liberation from the Zionist oppressors are achieved.
The Shura Council reiterates its unwavering support for the stance of the Yemeni leadership, government, and people, standing firmly alongside the Palestinian people and their heroic resistance.
Palestinians have initiated their most significant operation against Israel in years, conducting a surprise offensive that involved fighters breaching the fence into Israeli-occupied territories and launching a substantial rocket barrage from the Gaza Strip.
Resistance groups have captured five Israeli soldiers, media reports said Saturday, citing media sources in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Red alert warning sirens were activated in Tel Aviv, Sde Boker, Arad, and Dimona in the south as explosions were heard by residents on Saturday. In al-Quds, rocket sirens sounded followed by the sound of explosions.
Hamas' armed wing said more than 5,000 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel on Saturday, declaring it had started "Operation al-Aqsa Flood".
Gaza-based Islamic Jihad said its fighters have joined the operation as Hamas called on Palestinians everywhere to fight and on resistance groups in Lebanon also to join the fighting against Israel.
"We decided to put an end to all the crimes of the occupation, their time for rampaging without being held accountable is over," Hamas said. "We announce Operation al-Aqsa Flood and we fired, in the first strike of 20 minutes, more than 5,000 rockets."
Israel has escalated its violence against Palestinians recently, particularly after a right-wing cabinet led by Benjamin Netanyahu came to power.
More than 200 Palestinians have been killed this year in the occupied Palestinian territories and Gaza. The majority of these fatalities have been recorded in the West Bank.
The United Nations said 2023 is the deadliest year for Palestinians in the West Bank since it began keeping track of fatalities almost two decades ago.
Previously, 2022 had been the deadliest year with 150 Palestinians killed, of whom 33 were minors, according to the UN.
This page is the English version of Almasirah Media Network website and it focuses on delivering all leading News and developments in Yemen, the Middle East and the world. In the eara of misinformation imposed by the main stream media in the Middle East and abroad, Almasirah Media Network strives towards promoting knowledge, principle values and justice, among all societies and cultures in the world
copyright by Almasirah 2024 ©