In a statement on Tuesday, Hamas' Arab and Islamic Relations Office said it had provided Qatari and Egyptian officials with the response a day earlier.
"Talks [concerning a potential ceasefire] have been going on under Qatar and Egypt's supervision for a month now," the statement read.
"The Israeli enemy, however, keeps procrastinating," it noted, adding, "Whenever we got close to temporary ceasefire, it (the enemy) went back to square one."
Also on Tuesday, senior Hamas' official Izzat al-Rishq told Al Jazeera that the details of the deal would be released by Qatar and Egypt “in the coming hours.”
He emphasized that any agreement was necessarily based on the conditions of the Palestinian resistance.
Rishq further confirmed that Israel, especially the regime’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, had been obstructing the ceasefire talks.
More than 14,000 people have been killed in the brutal Israeli war against Gaza since October 7 when the regime launched the military campaign in response to a resistance operation on the same day, which killed some 1,200 Israeli settlers and military forces.
The Hamas' statement also strongly refuted the Israeli regime's claim that the movement ran a "command center" underneath the al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, which has taken the brunt of the Israeli assaults on the territory's healthcare system.
"The enemy's claim about the existence of [Hamas'] tunnels underneath the hospital is a farce that no one believes," the movement said.
about 4 days
Source: Press TV
This page is the English version of Almasirah Media Network website and it focuses on delivering all leading News and developments in Yemen, the Middle East and the world. In the eara of misinformation imposed by the main stream media in the Middle East and abroad, Almasirah Media Network strives towards promoting knowledge, principle values and justice, among all societies and cultures in the world
copyright by Almasirah 2024 ©